Thursday, February 8, 2007

dance

yay yay I got a dance partner!! (:
Kenneth is really really good. He learned the whole day and remember it in less than 40 mins! AND dances better than me already. what to say? ji dan. hahah too easy for him liao. but I gotta work at it!! get all the movements precise and keep to the timing and beats. prelims getting nearer and nearer. I'm scared.

tree movements! I think I need to think of reasons and significance for every dance move liao. hahahs. swaying of branches etc. and the girl's runs, jumps, rolls, spins and rope. (:

I like the dance though, although it is really simple, the little girl's hyperness of running and jumping around kind of contrasts with the tree's more angular movements. There is a sense of "difference" yet the stong connection between them is definately there.

I like the fact that the tree takes the skipping rope away from the girl, (that part kind of connects with my earlier rope sequence) and put it gently back, because the rope is no longer just something that belongs to the girl, but another connection and symbol. There's something about the giving and taking. Does the rope symbolise love? It is also something about the tautness and strength, bad times, etc.

I love the effect that at the end of the dance too, everything go back to the usual place and the audience is left with the lingering feeling of "did that just happened?", while the girl go straight into hyper mood, "How are you?" followed by her story telling. Speaking of which, I have to polish up that part too, as well as fix the rope sequence in front. I need to work out the last sequence after the library story. Somehow the last part of the way I did it in Theasthai seems boring to me. Plus the prop. the tree itself.

gosh so much work. How am I going to build that in less than 2 weeks???

No comments: